with Artist, Marvin Te
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
Step 1: After Effect Basics
Step 2: Easing
Step 3: Motion Graphic Principles
Step 4: Path Animation
Step 5: Face Animation
Step 6: Character Animation Basics
Step 7: Animating From a Storyboard
Important Notice: This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
My Story and My Approach to Learning
Why Motion Graphics?
Chapter 1: Introduction to After Effects
- Drawing tools in AE
- Frames per second
Chapter 2: Easing
What is Easing?
Speed Graph vs Value Graph
Influence vs Velocity
Applying Basic Physics to our Animations
Chapter 3: Motion Graphic Principles
- The Purpose and Different Usage of Motion Graphics
- The Three Types of Animation in Motion Graphics
- Animating a Shape Layer's Properties
- Basic Effects
Chapter 4: Path Animation
Anatomy of Vector Graphics
Different Applications of Path Animation
Animating a Plant to Bloom
The Concept of Interconnected Learnings
Chapter 5: Face Animation
- Head Mechanics and Perspective
- How to Design a Face for AE Animation
- Animating Eye Blinks
- Adding Slight Head Movements
- Basic Facial Expressions
Chapter 6: Character Animation Basics
- The Different Ways to Animate Characters in AE
- The Art of Finding References
- Designing and Setting Up for AE Character Animation
- Animate a Character Waving
- Body Mechanics
- Key Poses
- 3 Ways to Delay Movement
- Overlapping Action (Hair)
Chapter 7: Animating From a Storyboard
Analyzing a Storyboard
Setting Up the Project
Animation and Deciding What Techniques to Use
About Compositions and Precomps
Bonus Chapter: What's Next and Some Industry Insights
What we didn't cover in class
Some stories about life as a studio owner
How I conceptualize animations from scratch
Congratulations on Completing the Course
Hi I'm Marvin Te, owner and creative director at Plainly Simple, a motion design studio based in the Philippines. I have worked on more than 500 projects over the past 10 years. I'm a self taught animator and when I started I was really bad at it. But with determination and grit I was able to improve my craft and have deepened my understanding on animation. And one of the reason that I am teaching is that I want to help beginners understand this wonderful craft. And it's one of my goals to make complex topics easier to understand. Hence the name of our studio - Plainly Simple.
- This class is conducted using the Adobe After Effects program. You need to prepare Adobe After Effects separately so you can take classes without any trouble.
- There are many configurations, conditions, and pricing options in the Adobe program purchasing system. Please refer to the official Adobe website for the exact prices and terms of the agreement.
- The basic functions of the program will be covered in the class.
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
Earn points to Extend the Class Access
Receive points by completing chapter missions OR by taking the class two or more times a week. And use the points to extend your class access!
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
You will need to download Adobe After Effects before taking the class.
Class videos will be available by March 10th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.
Select class option