with Artist, HEARTMUSH
How to Fall Down and Get Back Up : Creating Lively Art
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
Fool around and find out! This course will teach you how to loosen up your approach to art and develop your own unique process. From silhouette and composition, to colors and dynamic poses, I’ll break down how I tackle character design and illustration in detail, step by step.
You’ll learn in depth how to gather references, build a visual library, utilize color theory, and analyze your shortcomings to better realize your creative vision. It’s going to get a little messy, but hey! Art wouldn’t be art without a little chaos.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This class is for anyone who wants to strengthen their fundamentals, widen their technical skillset, and step out of their comfort zone. If you’re looking to shake up your approach to art and learn new skills in the process, this is the course for you!
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
Step 1: Fundamentals of Art : Anatomy, Color, Light & Shadow
Step 2: Experimental Drawing: Playing with Style
Step 3: Designing Unique Characters
Step 4: Creating Dynamic Illustrations
Important Notice: This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
- Meet HEARTMUSH!
- Introduction to the Course
- Using Sketchbook
Chapter 1: Let's Get Started
- Setting Up a Digital Canvas
- Introduction to Layers
- Experimenting with my Brushes
- Digital : Organizing Your Files
Chapter 2: Let's Warm Up!
- Fast and Furious Gesture Drawing
- Shape, Form, and Line of Action
- Crash Course : The Anatomy of Humans
Drawing from Observation : Figure Drawing
- Exaggeration : Creating Dynamic Poses
Chapter 3: Let's Color!
- Crash Course : Light and Shadow
- Introduction to Color Theory
- Hue, Saturation, and Value
- Applying Color & Value
- Creating a Color Palette
Chapter 4: Let's Style!
- Creating an Inspiration Map
- Studying Art with a Critical Eye
- Developing a Shorthand Language
- Working with "Style"
Chapter 5: Let's Character!
- Identifying Themes and Developing Your Character's Story
- Compiling References and Building a Visual Library
- Understanding Color Blocking and Silhouette
- Form and Function : Designing to Covey Your Character's Heart
- Trial and Error : Exploring Character Design via Iterative Passes
Chapter 6: Let's Character TWO!
- A full 180º : Finalizing Your Character
- Drawing Character Expressions
- About the Little Things : Indulging in the Niceties of Character Design
- Formatting a Stylish Reference Page
Chapter 7: Let's Illustration Making!
- Crash Course : Thumbnails and Composition
- Sketching Techniques
- To Line, or Not to Line?
- Fine-tune : Color, Light, Shadow
- Pause for Effect : Final Touches
- Take a Step Back : Assessing Your Work with Constructive Intent
Bonus Chapter: Let's Runway!
- Crash Course : The Weight of Cloth
- How to Draw : Sneakers
- Creating a Character Doll
- Today's Co-ord : Styling Your Character!
Outro: Let's Recess!
Congratulations on Finishing the Course
Meet Your Creator
2 Sakura Pigma Micron Black - 0.1, 0.5, Gr1, BR
- Who want to expand their skills on character design and digital illustration.
- Who want to learn more about creating distinct and creative characters.
- Who want to strengthen their fundamentals of drawing
- Who want to step out from the comfort zone and improve their technical skills.
- Who want to discover a creative hobby!
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
Earn points to Extend the Class Access
Receive points by completing chapter missions OR by taking the class two or more times a week. And use the points to extend your class access!
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
If you have purchased the “All-in-one package,” it may take less than 2 weeks to get the package. We will also send you a tracking number after we send the package.
We will send you an email with a webpage link and a personalized code to access the videos within 24 hours of purchase.
Select class option