Gouache Painting Class with
Artist, Asmahan Ajab
Capture Human Nature with Pencil & Gouache
Gouache Painting Class with
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
In this class, you are going to learn how to create lively paintings using gouache and sketch simple yet effective human expressions. You will learn to easily draw faces from various angles. Together, we will go step by step from coming up with an idea, mindset, and thinking process, to creating a complete illustration.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
This class is perfect for anyone from beginners to intermediate artists interested in learning how to draw and paint with gouache. I will cover everything you need to know about the medium gouache and how to easily capture faces, emotions, and human nature in general with minimum lines.
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
Step 1: Learn how to control your lines and pencil
Step 2: Draw the head from various angles
Step 3: Draw dynamic facial expressions
Step 4: Learn how to draw hair
Step 5: Learn how construct a gouache illustration
Step 6: Create a complete gouache illustration
Pre-Chapter: Quick Warm Up!
- Join me in this quick little exercise
- Introduction to the course
- Meet your instructor Asmahan Ajab
- Taking a look at the course materials
Chapter 1: Learning the Fundamentals
- Improve line quality and Shading styles
- The effect of light and shadow
- How to choose the right reference photo
Chapter 2: Drawing the head
- Simple guide to drawing facial features
- Utilize shapes to simplify the facial structure
- Drawing the head from angles (1): The front angle
- Drawing the head from angles (2): The side angle
- Drawing the head from angles (3): The 3/4 and other angles
Chapter 3: Drawing Expressions
- Learning about the basic human emotions
- Let’s learn about shape design
- How to easily capture the likeness
Chapter 4: Drawing the hair
- General approach to drawing hair
- Practice drawing various hair types
Chapter 5: Lets paint! Introduction to Gouache
- Learn about the different characteristics of gouache
- Step by step how to choose and mix a color palette
- Demo different ways to use gouache
Chapter 6: Painting techniques
- Underpainting and layering
- Focusing on how to add life to the skin and painting different skin tones
- Painting composition and backgrounds
- Adding depth and values
Chapter 7: Details and finishing touches
- Adding texture and expressive brush strokes
- Setting the mood and monochromatic painting
- Maintain simplicity and how to avoid overworking your painting
Bonus Chapter: Thoughts on productivity
- Tips on having a continuous flow of ideas
1. Congratulations on completing the course, what's next?
I am an artist with a focus on capturing faces and exploring my creativity with different art materials. Given this opportunity, I am excited to share with you what I’ve learned throughout the years and the happiness and joy that comes from making art.
* IMPORTANT NOTICE *
Please note that class materials are subject to change depending on availability of the product. Should a specific item be unavailable at the time of your order, a different, but similar item will be included in the package as replacement.
- DM Croquis Sketchbook A4
- Holbein Artists' Gouache Set of 12
- Holbein Artists' Gouache /Permanent White
- Staedtler Eraser
- Stillman & Birn Mixed Media Hardcover Sketchbook A5
- Mijello Watercolor Palette
- Masking Tape
- Kum brush Round-Pointed / No.8, 12
- Kum brush Cat-Tongue / No.6, 12
- Staedtler Yellow Pencil HB
- Who want to build their sketching and painting techniques from the basic
- Who want to expand their skills on capturing facial feature and expression
- Who want to develop their skills on gouache painting
- Who want to learn more about painting techniques and color creation
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
We will send you the package before the release date(May 28th), if you have purchased the All-in-one package.
Class is now available! We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.