1. Go at your own pace in this 20-week online course
2. Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
3. Supportive peer community exchanging feedback
4. All-in-one Class Kit option available at purchase
5. Enroll now to start learning right away!
1. Go at your own pace in this 20-week online course
Make Your Own Fan Art Portraits
Learn to Create Colorful Portraits with
Illustrator and Artist, Cristina
Have you ever wanted to draw portraits but didn’t know where to start? Or are you interested in making fan art?
In this course, I will take you through the step-by-step process of making your portraits look alive and colorful while also having fun doing it.
This course is for anyone interested in learning about traditional drawing and does not require experience in art.
With my help, you will learn all the different techniques and materials that will be needed for your original fan-art.
By the end of this course, you will have an in-depth understanding of color combinations and the color theory.
You will also learn how to create your portraits and find your unique style in art that differentiates you from others.
With my guide and material recommendation, you’ll make your original beautiful portraits and be proud of them.
Step 1: How the Color Combinations Work
You will learn the color theory and basic understanding of color spectrum.
Step 2: How to Use Traditional Materials
We will learn the techniques and tips for using colored pencils.
Step 3: How to Understand Proportions and Basic Shapes
You will learn how to build the detailed portraits from easy shapes and features.
Step 4: How to Develop Your Original Art Style
We will be personalizing your art together to find you original art styles.
Step 5: How to Create the Color Palettes
We will guide you to make your special color palettes just for your art.
Step 6: How to Add Details in Your Art
We will walk in hands to make your art more interesting and professional.
Step 7: How to Create Completed Art Using Composition
We will be adding life to your art together, making it real.
- Meet Cristina: illustrator, artist, and your instructor.
- Introduction to the course: Cristina’s coloring portrait class
- Introduction to the materials used in this course.
Chapter 1: Facial Features (1)
- Understanding the proportion of the facial features
- Finding the appropriate reference for your work
- Learning the basic shape of each part
- Adding details to each part of the face
Chapter 2: Facial Features (2)
- Compiling smaller pieces into the whole face
- How I developed my original styles
- Personalizing your sketch
Chapter 3: Introduction to Colored Pencil
- How to sketch basic shapes with colored pencils
- Step by step guide to colored pencils drawing
- Tips and tricks of using colored pencils
- Adding other materials: pencils and markers.
Chapter 4: Understanding the Color Theory and Application
- Introduction to the Basic of color theory.
- Applying color theory to your art.
- Exploring and coloring different skin tones.
- Finding your own inspiration
Chapter 5: Grasping the Process of Coloring Combinations
- Understanding the color palette
- Adopting the contrasting colors in your work
- Exploring the spectrums of colors
- Adding colors to your work with backgrounds
Chapter 6: Mastering the Shades: Light & Shadow
- Understanding the basic of shading and lighting
- Applying lighting to your portraits
- Employing color spectrums to your portraits
- Practice: Adding life to your work
Chapter 7: Creating a Portrait from scratch
- Sketching the basic proportion of portraits
- Adding structures and cleaning with line art
- Choosing the appropriate colors
- Applying the colors using colored pencils
- Adding details with different mediums
Bonus Chapter: Make your work Original
- Where do I find my inspiration for portraits and how I built my current drawing style.
1. Congratulations on Completing the Course
About the Instructor
I’m Cristina, a self-taught artist from Spain. I’ve been interested in art since I was little, and now, I’m in my last year of Fine Art at college. I spend most of my time doodling on my sketchbook and working on fan-arts, personal work, and commissions. I also attend art exhibitions to show my art to others and to meet other artists. As I get inspiration from a variety of things every day, I love experimenting with different techniques and colors. I want to share my journey as an artist with others, to show how I built my original style from the basics of drawing.
Q: How did you first start doing what you do?
As I’ve been drawing since I was very young, I’ve never thought of it as something serious or my future profession. Until the age of 16 or 17, I just loved drawing, but it wasn’t more than that. Back then, I lacked knowledge in the basics of art and used to try to make realistic black and white portraits by referencing photos. It didn’t take me too long to realize that I wasn’t enjoying drawing like I used to, and it felt like my art was boring and unoriginal.
That’s when I started to practice more every day and learn about anatomy and other topics to enhance my knowledge and artwork. When I could eventually discover my original and unique style, I could finally enjoy art again. I was just so happy and glad that I did not give up on art. I am still studying art, but I am now satisfied to see and know where my passion is: ART!
1. Fabriano Unica paper / A4 10 sheets
2. Faber-Castell polychromos / 10 colors
#107 Cadmium Yellow
#132 Beige Red
#117 Light Cadmium Red
#119 Light Magenta
#154 Light Cobalt Turquoise
#145 Light Phthalo Blue
#283 Burnt Siena
3. Tombow eraser
4. COPIC Sketch markers / 8 colors
V000 pale heath
RV21 Light pink
RV42 salmon pink
R000 Cherry white
BG11 Moon white
C-8 Cool Gray No.8
5. ALPHA design markers / 7 colors
Y143 Bright Yellow
G134 Pale Green
B145 Aqua Sky
TG02 Toner Gray
W169 Vandyke Brown
- People who are interested in art as a profession.
- People who want to have a thorough understanding of facial features.
- People who want to learn the complete understanding of colored pencils.
- People who want to add textures to their work by using multiple materials.
- People who want to explore the color theory and spectrums.
- People who want to make their work look dimensional.
- People who want to find their original style of portrait drawing.
- People who want to create their own Fan-Art.
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
If you have purchased the “All-in-one package,”it may take less than 2 weeks to get the package. We will also send you a tracking number after we send the package. Due to the duration of delivery, your access will be extended to 22 weeks.
We will send you an email with a webpage link and a personalized code to access the videos within 24 hours of purchase. Please check your inbox or spam!
Select class option