with Artist, Gorcha
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
Step 1: Fundamentals of Human Anatomy & Structure
Step 2: Character Stylization
Step 3: Developing a Character Based on Inspirations
Step 4: Developing Your Personal Style
Step 5: Coloring the Sketches
Step 6: Blending and Render
- Meet Your Instructor
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to the program
Chapter 1: Fundamentals
- Structure and composition
- Anatomy basics
- References: where to find, how to use, when to credit
- How to apply theory to practice
- How to stylize
Chapter 2: Ideas and sketching
- How to exercise your creativity and make your illustrations more interesting
- Tips on character design
- Expression and emotions
- Differences between drawing and painting. How these differences affect your sketch
- Elevate your sketches from good to great
Chapter 3: Color, Blending and Render
- Different approaches to digital art that I wish I knew when I started painting digitally
- What does color theory mean. What to have in mind when you start coloring and shading
- Rendering phases. How to start blending
- Finishing touches
Chapter 4: How to find your style
- Training your artistic eye. How to analyze other artists in terms of style
- Intentionality. Searching for a style from practical point of view
- Patterns and repetition everywhere
- Style exercises
Chapter 5: From Basic Portrait to Unique Illustration
- Drawing approach
- Painting approach
- Combining drawing and painting approaches
Chapter 6: Adding Color
- Faces and hair
- Supporting elements
- Improving finished art
Bonus Chapter: Special Tips
- Uploading to social media
- How to work on commissions
Congratulations on Completing the Course
This course will teach and guide you on how to effectively utilize different tools such as "digital brushes," "palettes," and "blending options" in Procreate app.
We will help you adjust app settings to optimize your drawing experience.
*Please Note: Students will have to purchase Procreate application ($10 in Apple Store). It is not included in the course package.
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Earn points to Extend the Class Access
Receive points by completing chapter missions OR by taking the class two or more times a week. And use the points to extend your class access!
We will need to download Procreate before taking the class.
Class videos will be available by September 8th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.