Strange and Charming Characters with Color Pencils and Watercolor
By Joy San
Buy One, Get One
We are offering this chance only to the first 100 classmates. Enjoy the promotion before it’s too late.
with Artist, Joy San
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
Important Notice: This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
- Meet Your Instructor
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to the materials
Chapter 1: Introduction to the Materials
Color Pencils - Texture and depth
- My shading techniques
- Prismacolor vs. other brands
- Do's and Dont's
Watercolor - Washes
- Creating flat washes
- Sakura Koi Watercolors vs. other brands
- Do's and Dont's
Paper - Tooth is key
- Cold Press Watercolor Paper
- Mixed Media Paper
- The Rest of the Materials - They're important too!
- Combining it all in perfect harmony in a little demo together!
Chapter 2: Let's Draw a Witch
- Creating a witchy character from sketch to clean pencil
- Picking colours and laying the watercolor base
- Rendering a face (eyes, lips, and nose)
- Rendering skin
- Rendering hair
- Rendering clothes and accessories
- Final Touches and final thoughts - the importance of a sharp color pencil!
Chapter 3: Let's Draw a Werecat
- Let's create the Werecat
- Laying the watercolor base from a reference
- Rendering the mouth and teeth
- Rendering the fur and claws
- Rendering blood and guts
- Final touches - Let's add some atmosphere - a bloody background!
Chapter 4: Let's Draw a Harpy
- Sketching our harpy using multiple references and creating the final pencils
- Laying the watercolor base and background
- Rendering the feathers and claws
- Rendering the sky - picking colors to match the mood
- Final touches - lighting and sparkles
Chapter 5: Let's Draw a Snator (Snake & Alligator)
- Brainstorming this creature and prepping the final pencils
- Laying out the watercolor base
- Rendering scales and patterns
- Rendering grass and water
Chapter 6: Let's Draw a Mansion in a Forest
- Gathering references and sketching the mansion - what to include in the final pencil vs. what to ignore
- Adding the watercolor base
- Rendering the mansion with color pencil
- Shadows and details
Chapter 7: From Idea to Final - A Step by Step Guide on How I Come Up With Ideas!
- Brainstorming, thumbnails, sketches, and notes
- Sketching your rough idea
- Preparing and cleaning up your final pencils for rendering
- Final thoughts - keeping a sketchbook or storing your ideas for later
- Fine tuning and exercising your imagination muscle - how I keep coming up with funky ideas
Bonus Chapter: Editing your Illustration and Posting on Social Media
- How I take photos and videos as I work to post to Instagram and TikTok
- Editing the final illustration on Photoshop and posting on your social media or website
- Posting on social media - tips, tricks, and lessons I've learned
Congratulations on Completing the Course
Meet the All-in-One package hand-picked by Joy San and CLASS101!
- Canson Watercolor Paper, XL, A4 (30 sheets)
- Prismacolor Pencil Set (12 count)
- Sakura Koi Watercolor Kit (12 count)
- HWAHONG Artist Watercolor Paint Brush700R Set_B
- Prismacolor Premier Turquoise Graphite Sketching Pencils (HB)
- Staedtler Metal Double Hole Sharpener with Tub, 512001BK
- Faber-Castell Kneaded Eraser
- SM Washi Tape (1.2cm)
- Who want to create creepy and funky characters
- Who want to learn how to use color pencil & watercolor drawing
- Who want to find own unique style of drawing
- Who want to discover a creative hobby!
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
Earn points to Extend the Class Access
Receive points by completing chapter missions OR by taking the class two or more times a week. And use the points to extend your class access!
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
If you have purchased the “All-in-one package,” it may take less than 2 weeks to receive the package. We will also send you a tracking number via email after the package has been shipped out.
Class videos will be available by August 26th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.
Select class option