In this class, I'll be explaining how I work as a Digital Illustrator, including creating comics and illustrations using digital tools. We will cover sketching, line art, coloring and how to apply these skills and knowledge to comic pages to tell a story. Also, I'll go through the entire process of creating works and how I manage my own time to progress in detail.
Create the Most Unique Anime Style of Your Own
From Story Development to Publishing : Create Your Webcomic
Step 1: Better notions of planning an illustration
Step 2: How to make your lines look more vivid and interesting
Step 3: Understanding color harmony and simplified palettes
Step 4: Learning tips and tricks on rendering a finalized illustration
Step 5: Creating a comic page from scratch to finish
Important Notice: This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
- Meet Your Instructor: Paroro
- Introduction to the course
- Introduction to the tools I use
Chapter 1: Basics of planning an illustration idea
- Inspiration and reference-seeking
- Basic composition planning
- Sketch warming up
- Anatomy and figure basics
Chapter 2: Something about character designing
- What to ask yourself about a character
- Character archetypes and tropes
- Shapes, species and creatures
- Key visual aspects
- Environment and interactions
Chapter 3: Setting the idea in stone, lineart
- Basics of inking
- Contrast and line value
- Shapes and hatching
- Clean versus dirty lines, why does the sketch look better?
Chapter 4: Bringing life, applying color
- Choosing a palette
- Flat colors
- Neutral-light shading
- Lineart polishing and coloring
Chapter 5: Environment lighting and shading
- Useful layer modes
- Light sources
- Color temperature
- Integrating a character into a background
Chapter 6: Late polishing and rendering
- Focusing on focus points
- Experimenting with filters
- Final adjustments
Chapter 7: Brief Overview of my Comic page style
- Scripts and planning
- Storyboard and thumbnails
- Sketching and lineart
- Coloring and text
Bonus Chapter: Do's and dont's for a freelance artist
- Opening up to the art community and social media sites
- How to manage time and why lists and sheets are your friends
This course will teach and guide you on how to effectively utilize different tools such as "digital brushes," "palettes," and "blending options" in Paint Tool SAI.
We will help you adjust app settings to optimize your drawing experience.
*Please Note: Students will have to purchase the application. It is not included in the course package.
- Who want to expand their skills on digital drawing
- Who want to learn how to use Paint Tool SAI
- Who want to learn more about anime character illustration
- Who want to learn more about comic making process
- Who want to craete their own webcomic
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
Earn points to Extend the Class Access
Receive points by completing chapter missions OR by taking the class two or more times a week. And use the points to extend your class access!
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
We will need to download Paint Tool SAI before taking the class.
Class videos will be available by September 7th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.
Select class option