with Artist, SOOJOOP
Overcome Your Fear & Let Your Creativity Flourish
Have you ever heard about blank canvas syndrome?
A lot of people fear art when it comes to creating it. I myself also struggled so much that I hesitated to pick up a pencil to start drawing due to the pressure of creativity. I felt a bit lost as I did not know my direction and lacked identity.
Due to the lack of confidence of creating a new work, I started to draw fan arts of the characters from my favorite movies, games, animations, etc.
However, it wasn't long before that I realized all my past fan arts have become a solid foundation of my drawing career. All those art pieces have helped me to become who I am now.
Design is All Around Us
Don't Know What to Draw? Where to Start?
Do you ever find yourself not knowing what to draw? I am pretty sure that majority of you have experienced where your brain froze because you cannot figure out where to start.
In the art industry, there are wide variety of styles of art. Therefore, it is very important to develop your own artistic style that stands out compare to others. In this class, I will guide you to master different art techniques and finally find your own unique style of art.
Know-Hows to Power Up Your Illustration
Human Anatomy & Lighting Techniques
Approach to Character Design
- Meet the Instructor
- Introduction to the Course
- Setting Up the Program/Software
Chapter 1: Understanding the Public
- Commercial Art, Understanding the Public's Eye
- Setting Your Goal: What Would You Like to Achieve?
- Blank Canvas Syndrome
Chapter 2: Basic Fundamentals
- Practice Makes Perfect: Croquis
- Basics of Human Anatomy
- The Process of Male Figure Drawing
- Different Style of Faces
- Drawing Realisitc Hair
Chapter 3: All About Light & Color
- Theory of Light
- Analyzing the Coloring Technique
- Character Placement
- Forming Light & Shadow
- Drawing Different Textures (Iron, Gold, Leather)
Chapter 4: Character Concept Design
- Character Selection
- Design Theory I - Tone
- Design Theory II - Nuance
- Structuring Character with a Mind Map
- Professional Guide, Design Map
Chapter 5: Utilizing Object
- Object Study I
- Object Study II
- Selecting the Keywords
- Character Visualization
Chapter 6: Character Sheet
- Character Sheet, What does it do?
- Character Sheet Design
- Dynamic Character Design I - Motion
- Dynamic Character Design II - Composition
- Giving Final Touches to the Drawing
- Guide for Future Game Concept Artists
- Importance of Mindset & Control
Congratulations on Completing the Course
In the past, there was a time when I was not satisfied with my drawing. I was lost, not knowing what to draw that I have repeatedly gave up on creating new pieces.
I was not a genius and the concept of creativity was too vague for me. However, that does not matter at all.
Of course I still struggle and I am not satisfied with all of my drawings. I still need to learn more and draw more. But now, I have figured my own approach to drawing by planning strategically. Now, drawing has become my passion and I would like to share my approach with you all too!
- This class uses Adobe Photoshop CS6
- Adobe Photoshop is a subscription-based paid software
- To take this class, you need to have access to Adobe Photoshop
- The class will fully cover how to use and apply the program
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Earn points to Extend the Class Access
Receive points by completing chapter missions OR by taking the class two or more times a week. And use the points to extend your class access!
We will need to download Adboe Photoshop before taking the class.
Class videos are available now! We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.
Select class option