with Artist, Tpiola
WHAT IS THIS CLASS ABOUT?
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
Step 1: Create an Original Character
Step 2: Sketching Using References
Step 3: Understanding Light and Form
Step 4: How to Render in My Style
Step 5: Developing Your Own Style & Improving in the Process
Important Notice: This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
Meet Your Instructor
Introduction to the Course
Introduction to the Program
Chapter 1: All About the Brushes
- Paint Tool SAI - Introduction
- Brushes that I use the Most: The Magic of the Simple Round Brush!
- Brushes that I use Less: Fancy Brushes
Chapter 2: Create a Character Using Different Inspirations
- How I Get Inspiration From Photos, Pinterest, Instagram Accounts
- Create Your own Secret Folder - Let's Get Inspired Together!!
- Develop & Design the Character Based on these Images and Ideas
- How to Make Your Own Character Interesting and Appealing
Chapter 3: Understanding colors
- PART I. Color Theory and to Create the Mood of an Image (Warm + Cool Tones)
- PART II. Contrast & Saturation (How to Use Them to Your Advantage)
- Creating Personality thorough Colors (Meaning and Sensations Caused by Colors)
Chapter 4: Understanding Form
- The Importance of Understanding Forms (Why Lineart isn't Necessary)
- Light and shadow: How they Interact with Form
- Different Surfaces and their Reaction to Light
Chapter 5: Rendering Part I - Introduction
- What is Rendering? + Different Approaches to Rendering
- Difference Between Realism and Semirealism
- My Own Rendering Technique
- Trouble Shooting: Common Mistakes that Beginners Make (Don't over do it!)
Chapter 6: Rendering Part II - Application
- Rendering Different Skin Tones
- Rendering Hair
- Rendering Clothes
- Adding a Special Touch to Your Character: Textures
Chapter 7: Develop Your Own Style
- Improvisation and Photo Studies
- Developing a Personal Style through Practice
Bonus Chapter: Extra Tips on Rendering
- Hands!! (Give Extra Expression to Your Character)
- Rendering Hands
Congratulations on Completing the Course!
- This class uses Paint Tool SAI 2
- But any illustration program such as Photoshop, Procreate, etc, would work.
- Paint Tool SAI is a subscription-based paid software
- To take this class, you need to have access to Paint Tool SAI
- The class will fully cover how to use and apply the program
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
Earn points to Extend the Class Access
Receive points by completing chapter missions OR by taking the class two or more times a week. And use the points to extend your class access!
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
We will need to download Paint Tool SAI before taking the class.
Class videos will be available by November 9th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.
Select class option