1. Learn at your own pace in this 20-week online course.
2. Artistic guidance & feedback from the artist herself.
3. Engaged & supportive community of peers to exchange feedback.
4. English subtitles (Original audio in Korean).
5. Enroll now to start learning right away!
Express Your Story Through an Illustration: Online Digital Drawing Class
Buy One, Get One
We are offering this chance only to the first 100 classmates. Enjoy the promotion before it’s too late.
1. Learn at your own pace in this 20-week online course.
See for yourself to the improvements our classmates have made in this course!
1977 students enrolled and 98% said they were satisfied with this course.
I’m uploading my colored illustration. The atmosphere changes so much based on where shadows are. I guess I need more practice.
-by Park Haesung
I think I'm too busy copying pictures, so I think I'm thinking less about shapes and shades! It's more fun drawing what you like. Thank you so much for your detailed classes the whole time! I was lazy, and I was cramming because there wasn’t much class time left, so thank you for always posting my detailed and detailed feedback quickly!!
-by Lee Kyungmin
I didn't come up with a character that I would like to draw anew. This is a side-by-side of a drawing from two years ago that I messed up while coloring and a newer one I colored during class. After taking your class, I think I can handle the light better using a toned down similar color series! If you have feedback, please tell ~!
-by Lee Jaeyoung
Hello! I'm Udon, an illustrator & your instructor.
I'm working on reinterpreting digital painting and the moments I want to remember using Photoshop as a medium. In addition, I've been recently painting in a wide range of styles with various paintings, including characters and character illustrations.
Express the way you want.
Elements of your own are important when it comes to illustration work but, the most important thing is the ability to express what you want, how you want.
There were so many I wanted to draw, but I couldn’t draw them all because of my limited knowledge in artistic expression. So, rather than drawing a picture, I focused on building the basic skills and senses that I need to draw a variety of things. In this class, I will show you everything I’ve learned, and you will improve your basic skills & senses that you need in order to draw.
Let's express our favorite things in many different ways!
A story expressed in a single illustration
So that the people who appreciate the paintings can interpret it in many ways, creating a story and expressing it in one illustration is one of the key points in good illustration. It would be best to start with your story :)
Express in digital painting
The advantage of digital painting is that you can draw a picture in the atmosphere you want in a relatively convenient way, regardless of material and expression. Let's learn the basics of painting and how to use Photoshop, and express yourself in various ways on an empty canvas!
In this class, we will focus on everything you need to know to create amazing illustrations. For those of you who find it difficult to draw pictures with Photoshop, I’ll teach you about various functions to help you with your work, the components that make a picture attractive, and how to achieve effects that vary according to different techniques and expressions, etc.
Lastly, I will show you an easy overview of the important basics of drawing! The goal of this class is to explore and learn the necessary fundamentals and techniques together, find your own style, or broaden your spectrum of expression.
From the sketch to completion
Solely depicting an object well does not make a good illustration. By the end of the class, you’ll walk away with the knowledge needed to know what factors it takes to draw an attractive illustration that catches people's eyes!
Come learn how to create on Photoshop.
Digital drawing with Udon!
Step 01 : Animating an Illustration
Adding animation is an effective way to give your illustrations a special touch. Learn a simple way to make even the simplest illustrations more interesting.
Step 02 : Expressing Different Textures
Depending on the brush you use, you can create many different textures and atmospheres, even make the illustration look hand drawn. Learn about and how to use the various brushes of Procreate
Step 03 : Expressing Light, Shadows, and Atmosphere
Adding light, shadow, and atmospheric effects will help make your illustrations look more vivid. Learn how to use colors to add depth and atmosphere to your drawings.
Step 04 : Drawing Simple, But Graceful Figures
Drawing people can be intimidating and difficult. Learn how to use photos and simple shapes to study and draw human figures.
Step 05 : Combining People and Landscapes
The background will help give your character a story. I’ll show you how you can visualize and form a background around your character and their purpose.
Step 06 : Drawing Off Photos
Oftentimes, inspiration will be found in real life. Learn how to use photos, and other references to draw out your lives on paper.
Welcome to Udon’s Digital Drawing Class
- Meet Udon: illustrator, artist, and your instructor
- Introducing the class: Drawing on Photoshop
- Setting up your tablet and photoshop
- How to download supplementary class materials
01. Understanding Photoshop
- Setting up your workspace
- Using the various tools and shortcuts
- Exploring the brushes and brush tools
- How to use layers and the layer mode
02. Fundamentals of Drawing
- About dimensionality and depth
- Still imitation - Sketching using the perspective method
- Still imitation - Expressing brightness and tone
- Still imitation - How to use color
- Learn about various coloring techniques
03. On Color and Light
- Using the three elements of color in harmony
- Finding your own color scheme
- How light affects brightness
- How to express both natural and artificial lighting
04. Drawing Objects
- Drawing a plant - Sketching
- Drawing a plant - Adding details
- Drawing a plant - Coloring
- Drawing a teacup - How to portray a pattern
05. Drawing People
- Understanding the proportions and shapes of the body
- Drawing the face, hands, and feet
- Sketch - Using shapes to draw the figure and drawing clothes
- Coloring - Adding details using color and light
06. Composing Your Illustration
- Layout - How to effectively organize your screen
- Storytelling - Creating your own world on the screen
- Sketching practice and drawing an illustration
07. Completing the Illustration
- Details that will give your illustration a higher quality
- How to use textures
- How to use the filter effects
Outro: Congratulations on Finishing the Class!
- In closing: Udon’s closing thoughts
- Bonus: Organizing your shortcut keys
- People who are interested in digital painting
- People who want to draw a unique picture that takes advantage of your personality
- People who want to develop a sense of color
- People who want to learn various painting functions on Photoshop
- People who want to learn a new, enriching hobby
- This class uses Adobe Photoshop CC/CS
- Adobe Photoshop is a subscription-based paid software
- To take this class, you need to have access to Adobe Photoshop
- The class will fully cover how to use and apply the program
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
You need to have your own Adobe Lightroom to take the class. For more information, please visit adobe.com
We will send you an email with a webpage link and a personalized code to access the videos within 24 hours of purchase.
Q. I’m new to drawing. Can I still follow along?
A. Yes! For those who are drawing for the first time, I would like to explain the basic theory that tends to be difficult and boring as easily as possible. By the end of class, you should have a solid understanding so that you can fully utilize it by yourself :)
Q. Can I take the class with a program other than Photoshop?
A. You will be actively using the functions of Photoshop for each chapter, but in the process, you need to find replacements for the unique functions of Photoshop on your other program. However, since it is a beginner class, I don't think there will be much difference from other programs in terms of basic functions!
Q. I want to see more of your works!
A. If you would like to see more of Udon's other works, please visit my instagram page at https://www.instagram.com/u.d0n9/!
Select class option