THE ART OF ONE FRAME
with the international Content Maker and Comic Artists, Yehuda & Maya Devir
About This Class:
We are Maya and Yehuda Devir, Comic artists, content makers and a married couple based in Israel.
More than 9 million people worldwide devoutly follow our webcomic based on our lives “One of Those Days” - a standard couple plus two, who face all the difficulties of life like the rest of us.
In our comics, which publish once a week on our social media pages, we share everyday situations in an honest, entertaining, and empathetic way.
Over the last 5 years, we published 4 books, become #1 Amazon Best Seller, Attended dozens of comics and design conventions all over the world, TEDx lecturers, Youtube silver creators award winners, created and sold a unique merchandise, maintained a successful online shop, crated an online documentary series named “The Heartists” accompanying a week in the lives of an Artists, and in 2019 we won the "The Most Creative Content Makers" award as part of the prestigious international competition "INFLOW GLOBAL Awards" in Istanbul.
We are so excited and honored to share with you our insights, tips and tricks we’ve acquire over years of hard work.
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
WHAT WILL THE STUDENTS ACHIEVE?
When you’ve completed the course, you will have a better understanding of full digital illustration along with how to expose your art on social media and get the most out of it.
We will take you hand in hand and teach you how to build a successful brand from your art just like we did it! All the secrets! All the knowledge and experience we have acquired over the years of creating online.
Step 1: The Art of Facial Expression : How to Speak with No Words
Step 2: The Human Body and Muscle Structure
Step 3: Sketch, Ink, Coloring, and Everything in Between for Creating a Masterpiece
Step 4: The Art of Storytelling in One Frame
Steap 5: Making Money Out of Your Art
Important Notice: This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
- Meet Your Instructor: Maya and Yehuda Devir
- Introduction to the Course
- Introduction to the Materials
- Photoshop basic tools - Setting up your digital workspace
Chapter 1: Basics for Character Design - Portrait
- The Basic Structure of the Face and Proportions
- How to play with proportions to create unique facial features
- Simple approach to drawing facial features: from realistic to cartoon style character
- How to deliver your message through facial expression
Chapter 2: Basics for Character Design – Human Anatomy
- Human Anatomy and muscle structure
- How to draw hands and feet (Yehuda's golden tip)
- Action speaks louder than words: the art of body gestures
- characterization with clothing and accessories
- Bonus: personification of a non-human figure
Chapter 3: Digital Drawing
- The four golden steps for creating digital masterpiece
- Cool tricks for digital coloring and shading
- Color as a graphic tool to deliver a message
- control your viewer’s eyes - Placing your focal points by using BLACK color
- How to improve your skills and finding your own drawing style
Chapter 4: Environment and Background
- How to create and cast the right environment and objects to tell your story
- Special techniques for illustrating a variety of objects, indoors and outdoors
- Add textures to your background and objects
- Exploring Depth and Perspective to create Unique and unforgettable composition
Chapter 5: Introduction to a Complex Illustration - The Art of One Frame
- How to master the art of storytelling in one frame.
- A glimpse into our creative and decision-making process
- How to create powerful and artistic compositions
- Text and typography
Chapter 6: How to make money from your art - Build a Successful Brand on Social Media
- Using different social media platforms for distribution, and for making money
- Practical tips for creating your own website, digital store and related Merchandises
- Creating, nurturing and preserving an online community
- Time management - maximum products with minimum efforts
- Digital marketing – how to increase your content's engagement and exposure
Congratulations on Completing the Course
More than 9 million people worldwide devoutly follow the lives of Maya and Yehuda Devir on social media, a standard Israeli couple plus two, who face all the difficulties of life like the rest of us.
In their popular web comics “One of Those Days”, which publish once a week on their social media pages, Yehuda and Maya share everyday situations in an honest, entertaining, and empathetic way.
Thanks to their courage to share the most non-photogenic moments, The Devir’s created a weekly group therapy and mutual support between millions of people all over the world.
Over the last 5 years, Maya and Yehuda published 4 books, become #1 Amazon
Best Seller, Attended dozens of comics and design conventions all over the world, TEDx lecturers, Youtube silver creators award winners, created and sold a unique merchandise, maintained a successful online shop and crated an online documentary series named “The Heartists” accompanying a week in the lives of an Artists.
In 2019, Yehuda and Maya won the "The Most Creative Content Makers" award as part of the prestigious international competition "INFLOW GLOBAL Awards" in Istanbul. Winning the award emphasized that, beyond talented artists, the two are also masters at creating content and storytelling of one frame.
One frame that stands out, catches the eye, tells a story but still deliver a strong and clear message!
- This class uses Adobe Photoshop CC/CS
- Adobe Photoshop is a subscription-based paid software
- To take this class, you need to have access to Adobe Photoshop
- The class will fully cover how to use and apply the program
- Who want to learn Yehuda & Maya's tips and tricks on digital illustration.
- Who want to understand the fundamentals of character design.
- Who want to learn how to use Adobe Photoshop.
- Who want to learn more about creating an art in one frame.
- Who want to expand their income streams by successfully branding themselves.
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 32 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
This is an early bird class! That means the production of this class is just starting. The curriculum is subject to change, and content may be uploaded sequentially based on the creator’s schedule to ensure that we provide the class in the best quality possible.
Earn points to Extend the Class Access
Receive points by completing chapter missions OR by taking the class two or more times a week. And use the points to extend your class access!
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
You will need to download Adobe Photoshop before taking the class.
Class videos will be available by August 10th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.
Select class option