1. Go at your own pace in this 20-week online course
2. Artistic guidance & pointers from the instructor
3. Class available NOW! Enroll Today!
1. Go at your own pace in this 20-week online course
Hello, My name is Inhyuk Lee.
I am an illustrator, and the concept artist based in Seoul, South Korea.
Over the last 10 years, I have made over 300 cover art pieces, worked on several game illustrations, and published books. I’m currently working globally, in the comics industry and I am glad to share my latest insights, tips and tricks with you.
In the advanced class, there will be an overview of the basic skills. We will be analyzing the human & muscle anatomy, proportion, and symmetry.
A lot of students give up at this point. But if you sharpen your basic skills, it will not be so difficult to improve. We will practice shaping the human anatomy by adding muscle illustrations, which will then help you draw characters in different poses.
You’ll practice illustrating a variety of body shapes, lighting styles, and work on color transformation. You will have learned how to draw natural body shapes, facial expressions, different poses, and clothing details.
From then on, you’ll be able to sketch and illustrate characters with the skills mentioned above. This will be the ultimate practice to be able to create your own distint characters!
You will be able to make your characters come vividly to life, using tools, layers, and various filters. Being able to draw a character of your choice means that you will be able to create a complete new and unique illustration! It will also mean that you are ready for the next advanced step.
This class will aid you to draw and create any character you desire.
- Meet Your Instructor: Inhyuk Lee
- Introduction to the Course
- Introduction to the Materials
Chapter 1. Preparation
- How to Conceptualize the Drawing
- The groundworks of illustration
- Familiarize yourself with basic tools (brush, layer, shortcuts, etc)
Chapter 2. Human Anatomy : Muscles & Other Body Mass
- Understanding the Muscles of Human Body
- Sketch of Body Figure - Front, Side, Back
- Sketch of Body Figure - Application
Chapter 3. Muscles of the Body in Different Forms
- Drawing Different Forms of Human Muscle - Sketch
- Drawing Different Forms of Human Muscle - 3D
Chapter 4. Muscles of the Body in Different Poses
- Sketches of Dynamic Gestures & Poses
- Drawing Different Poses of Human Muscle - Sketch
- Drawing Different Poses of Human Muscle - 3D
Chapter 5. Coloring
- Understanding of Color Harmony & Color Contrast
- Color Adjustment for Digital Painting
- Basics of Coloring
Chapter 6. How to Draw Realistic Portraits
- The Basic Structure of a Face
- Drawing Different Expressions
- Drawing Different Faces - Sketch
- Drawing Different Faces - 3D
Chapter 7. How to Draw Body Parts
- Drawing Hands in Different Poses
- Drawing Feet in Different Angles
- Layering - How to layer in Gloves and Shoes
Chapter 8. How to Draw Hair
- The Form of Hair
- Sketching & Coloring Different styles of Hair
- Transformation of Different Hair Styles
Chapter 9. How to Draw Clothes
- Sketching Different Types of Clothing
- Coloring Different Types of Clothing
- Understanding the Color Scheme
- Types of Clothings for Different Gender & Body Shape
- Types of Clothings for Different Seasons & Jobs
Chapter 10. Finalizing the Character
- Character Sketch
- Character Sketch to 3D
- Character Sketch to Coloring
Congratulations on Completing the Course
Meet Your Creator
- Illustrator/ Character Concept artist / Art class teacher.
- MARVEL, DC, Boom! studios, Dynamite comics, IDW Publishing, Image comics
- Lucas film, 20th Century, CAPCOM, Cygames, DeNA, Applibot, Netmarble Games
Hi! I’m Inhyuk Lee.
Since 2012, I’ve worked with Marvel, DC Comics, Boom! Studios, Dynamite, IDW, and other comic publishers.
Over the past decade, I’ve completed more than 300 cover arts, 100 game illustrations, while still working on other projects. I started my career in 2006 and worked in different countries such as Korea, United States, and the European region.
I often get questions asking why I’m teaching a beginner class with the expertise I have. It would’ve made more sense for me to teach at an advanced level. However, since I’ve been teaching for more than a decade, I believe I can share what I have learned over the years to those who are just starting out.
I continue to teach a beginner-level class because the fundamentals are extremely important when it comes to drawing. I was fortunate enough to strongly learn the basics, so I was able to begin my journey as an illustrator with the knowledge I’ve gained.
I can’t emphasize enough that learning the very basics is essential, especially when it comes to learning the art for the first time. My goal by the end of this class is for students to comfortably and skillfully illustrate on their own.
What’s difficult is not learning the basics, but more so practicing and making it your own. I will help navigate your journey in becoming an illustrator. It may be tough, but will be highly rewarding!
Throughout this class, I will help you understand important principles of illustration and advance your art skills. By the end, you will be able to comfortably illustrate on your own!
- This class uses Adobe Photoshop CC/CS
- Adobe Photoshop is a subscription-based paid software
- To take this class, you need to have access to Adobe Photoshop
- The class will fully cover how to use and apply the program
- Who want to expand their skills on concept art and illustration.
- Who want to work in comics industry in the future.
- Who want to learn Inhyuk Lee's approach to character concept design.
- Who want to be able to achieve full skillsets of character design illustration.
- Who want to discover a creative hobby!
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos in as many devices as you want.
Earn points to Extend the Class Access
Receive points by completing chapter missions OR by taking the class two or more times a week. And use the points to extend your class access!
Super Early Bird Offer
Once we pass the release date, we will no longer offered the class at "Super Early Bird". The rate will be raised after the date, right now is the cheapest deal you can get.
Digital art software is recommended, but traditional mediums can be used for the majority of the lessons.
Class videos will be available by August 10th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.
Select class option