Create Your Own Unique Color
Make Beautiful Shimmer Watercolor Paint with Stacey!
By Stakiwi Colours
Buy One, Get One
We are offering this chance only to the first 100 classmates. Enjoy the promotion before it’s too late.
Paint Swatch & Learn The Perfect Ratio For Your Desired Color
The Most Unique And Therapeutic Hobby
Step 1: Familiarize Yourself With The Tools
Step 2: Color Theory & Mixing Colors
Step 3: Making Shimmer Paint
Step 4: Testing Your Handmade Paint
Step 5: Mixing Two Pigments Together
- Meet your instructor: Stakiwi Colours
- What I want you to learn
- How I will guide you
Chapter 1: Tools
- List all the tools you need
- How to use the tools
- Video demonstration of tools
Chapter 2: Color Theory
- Why Color theory?
- Primary & Split Primary Color theory
- Example of the difference between cool and warm tones
- Video demo of mixing with primary colors
- Video of swatching primary colors
Chapter 3: Let's Make Paint! Mix One Pigment.
- Video demo - explain the process. Explain use of tools
- Detailed step by step guidance of making one pigment/color into a paint from start to finish
- Filling Pans half way/ How to Fill Pan
- Checking how the paint is setting
- The last layer of paint. Bubbles!
- How to tidy the pans
Chapter 4: How to Shoot your Own Reference Photos
- Swatch the paint using paper and brush.
- Explain different types of testing (opacity, lightfastness)
- Explain the use of the black line of a paint swatch
- Explain lifting/rubbing test
Chapter 5: Mix Two Pigments Together
- Detailed step by step guidance of making two pigments/colors into a paint from start to finish
- Demo video of the consistency, testing and pouring of the paint
- Handy tips/tricks
- Filling Pans half way & how to fill the pan
- Checking how the paint is setting. Last layer of pain, how to tidy pans
- The importance of documenting this process
Chapter 6: Mix Two Pigments of Your Choice
- Challenge - mix two pigments of your own choice
- Document it (Why? Swatch, share & name)
Chapter 7: Matte Pigments!
- Demo video of mixing a neon matte into the binder
- How/ Why use the muller
- Difference between matte, shimmer and neon
- Test & Pour the paint
Bonus Chapter: Making Friends!
How to make friends in the art community
Meeting other artists
The benefits of a having a supportive art community
Stakiwi Colours paint forum for paint swaps/trades
Congratulations on Completing the Course!
Meet the All-in-One package hand-picked by Stacey and CLASS101!
* IMPORTANT NOTICE *
Please note that class materials are subject to change depending on availability of the product. Should a specific product be unavailable at the time of your order, a different, but similar item will be included in the package as replacement.
2. Hwahong Brush Set No.345
3. Watercolor Half Pans
5. Gum Arabic Solution 75ml
6. Mica Powder Pigment Set
Duration of the course
You can access the class videos for 20 weeks. Within that period, you can replay the videos on as many devices as you want.
If you have purchased the “All-in-one package,” we will ship your package within the next 2 business days & it may take less than 2 weeks to get the package. We will also send you a tracking number after we send the package. Due to the duration of delivery, your access will be extended to 22 weeks.
Class videos will be available by September16th. We will notify you via email regarding how to access to the class videos on the release date.
Select class option